JAM Stack is so hot right now. Like many others, I’m exploring frameworks like Gatsby, Next.js, and Nuxt.js, but not on this blog. My goal for this blog is to get JAM stack performance without the JAM stack.
Here’s the stack:
- Generates static pages
Webpack w/ PurgeCSS
- I’ve also added a script to prefetch pages for Turbolinks when you hover on the links for longer than 400ms (greatly improves Turbolinks experience).
- I’m considering ditching this because it’s a lot of overhead just for the handful of icons I use.
- Currently using the SVG kit, which remotely loads the individual icons (so not bad performance)
- Ideally I would like to include a subset of icons via CSS or direct SVGs.
- Web host
- OpenGraph image generation API deployed as Netlify function